Thursday, April 3, 2014

Samuel L. Jackson Talks Star Wars on 'The Daily Show'

0 comments
 
 By: Dominic Jones

Star Wars alum Samuel L. Jackson, aka Mace Windu, appeared on The Daily Show With Jon Stewart to promote his upcoming film, Captain America: The Winter Soldier.  When asked about the process of making big budget action movies, Jackson relayed a story from his experience working on the Star Wars prequels, saying,

"When I first started doing Star Wars it was just a big green room and we had some things in there and I had my lightsaber and George would say 'ok, there's this thing attacking you', and I go 'how big is it?'  And he says 'it's as big as an SUV' and I go 'really, how fast is it?'  And he says 'it's as fast as you want it to be.'  So I'm like I can do anything I want and you'll draw stuff around me?  He says kick all the ass you want and we will make sure it looks like you're the baddest Mother F@#$er in the universe....And then I go the movie and I'm like f@#$!  Look at me!"

What I like about Sam Jackson interview is that he never whines about having to work with green screen.  Whenever he talks about his experience on Star Wars it's always a positive one, and you get the sense that he really appreciates the fact that he got to be a part of the galaxy far, far away. 



You can follow Dominic on Twitter: @DominicJ25


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
This site is not endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd. or Disney and is intended for entertainment and information purposes only. The official Star Wars site can be found at www.starwars.com. Star Wars, the Star Wars logo, all names and pictures of Star Wars characters, vehicles and any other Star Wars related items are registered trademarks and/or copyrights of Lucasfilm Ltd., or their respective trademark and copyright holders. All original content of this site, both graphical and textual, is the intellectual property of The Star Wars Underworld - unless otherwise indicated.
Site template © 2011 DheTemplate.com. Supported by PsPrint Emeryville and homeinbayarea.com