Thursday, June 20, 2019

Gina Carano Discusses How 'The Mandalorian' Changed Her Life

0 comments
By: Benjamin Hart

At Star Wars Celebration Chicago last April we were introduced to the cast of the upcoming Disney+ series The Mandalorian, one being Gina Carano. The actress is previously best know for her roles in Fast and Furious 6 and Deadpool, and will perhaps soon be even more widely recognized as ex-rebel shock trooper Cara Dune in The Mandalorian.


The overwhelming star-making power of Star Wars is not lost on Carano, as she explains in a somewhat candid interview with Entertainment Tonight's Ash Crossan. While promoting her newest film Daughter of the Wolf, Carano spoke in depth about her struggles as an actress. She spoke highly of her recent experience filming The Mandalorian, noting one specific interaction with executive producer Jon Favreau that's been a source of inspiration:

"He looked at me before my big scene, one of my biggest introductory scenes in Mandalorian, and he was like, 'We're gonna change your trajectory right now.' I think he's a very honest man, and he's seen the struggle, and he's seen what happens to careers and he's like, 'We're gonna change your path right now'... He's like, 'From here on out, you're gonna choose jobs that are complementing [you]. And you're gonna choose jobs that challenge you. And you're gonna believe in yourself. From this scene forward.'... I was welling up with tears. And I went out and I crushed that scene. And it was like, a scene when I first read the script I was like, 'Oh gosh, this is more than I've ever been given -- how am I going to do this?' And then, with him, I really trained for it, and I really was present... He believed in me and it helped me believe in myself. I couldn't thank him enough, because I feel like my whole life since I shot that has been a different world."

Carano also spoke about her appearance at Star Wars Celebration Chicago on The Mandalorian panel:

"Literally, as soon as we walked out on stage, it was a rush of, like, this positive energy, which I was not expecting. And I feel like, you know, Twitter is one of the worst places to go, but I refuse to let people chase me away. And I refuse to be one of those negative voices... because a lot of us have been reserved and now we're like, no, come on, like, we're human beings, you know? We're just trying to do the best we can! So that was just positive energy, I love it."

You can watch the full interview in the video below:



I know I can speak for all Star Wars fans when I say we wish Gina the best in her continued career, and we can't wait to see her as Cara Dune! The first episode of The Mandalorian will premiere when Disney+ launches on November 12th. Gina Carano stars alongside Pedro Pascal(Game Of Thrones) in the title role, Carl Weathers (Predator) as Greef Carga, Nick Nolte (Affliction) , Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Emily Swallow (Supernatural), and Omid Abtahi (American Gods). The series is executive produced Jon Favreau, Colin Wilson, Kathleen Kennedy, and Dave Filoni.

Source: Entertainment Tonight


Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
This site is not endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd. or Disney and is intended for entertainment and information purposes only. The official Star Wars site can be found at www.starwars.com. Star Wars, the Star Wars logo, all names and pictures of Star Wars characters, vehicles and any other Star Wars related items are registered trademarks and/or copyrights of Lucasfilm Ltd., or their respective trademark and copyright holders. All original content of this site, both graphical and textual, is the intellectual property of The Star Wars Underworld - unless otherwise indicated.
Site template © 2011 DheTemplate.com. Supported by PsPrint Emeryville and homeinbayarea.com