Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Greg Grunberg Talks 'The Force Awakens'

3 comments
By: Benjamin Hart

Greg Grunberg is one name we've heard a lot lately. A part from being a life long friend to Director J.J. Abrams,  last week we learned about who he might be playing in The Force Awakens, and even got a photo of him in costume. Now we get to hear from Grunberg himself via a recent interview he did with Entertainment Weekly. In it, he admits the extreme secrecy surrounding the film prevents him from saying much about his role, but he does drop a hint, saying that he is, "sprinkled throughout the whole movie, in a very small way." He also has extremely high praise for Episode VII, as you can read in the excerpt below:

"I can’t talk about who I play or what I did. But just imagine that you get a call from your best friend saying, “It’s true, I’m doing Star Wars and you can stop begging me, yes, I want you to be in this movie.” It was an absolute dream come true. I have been such a fan of all the actors and everything about Star Wars. … Some people may not have loved some of the movies, but it’s a whole world you can’t deny how super compelling and awesome it is, and I can’t believe I’m part of it. Like there were moments when J.J. would yell, ‘Cut’,’ and then come over to me and go, ‘Are you f–king kidding me? Did that just happen? Did I just pan from C-3PO to R2-D2 to Han Solo and then to you?’ I spent seven weeks in London and it was heaven. And it’s crazy cause usually I’m the first person that J.J. calls to bounce ideas off. This one is so top secret, and so on lockdown, that all I can do is ask him, ‘How’s it going?’ and he’s like, ‘Oh, I’m really happy.’ So I know if he’s happy it’s just gonna be incredible."

Be sure to read the full interview on EW.com!

It's always awesome to hear from those who've been behind the scenes of Episode VII, especially someone as exuberant about the Saga as Grunberg is. We can't wait to see what role he has to play in the future of the Saga when The Force Awakens opens in theaters December 18th!

Source: Entertainment Weekly

Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.

3 comments:

AnimationFan said...

Jay Robinson said...

Jay Robinson said...

Post a Comment

 
This site is not endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd. or Disney and is intended for entertainment and information purposes only. The official Star Wars site can be found at www.starwars.com. Star Wars, the Star Wars logo, all names and pictures of Star Wars characters, vehicles and any other Star Wars related items are registered trademarks and/or copyrights of Lucasfilm Ltd., or their respective trademark and copyright holders. All original content of this site, both graphical and textual, is the intellectual property of The Star Wars Underworld - unless otherwise indicated.
Site template © 2011 DheTemplate.com. Supported by PsPrint Emeryville and homeinbayarea.com