Sunday, November 20, 2016

Adam Driver Describes Seeing 'The Force Awakens' For the First Time

0 comments
By: Dominic Jones

Adam Driver, who stars as Kylo Ren in The Force Awakens, was almost sick in the theater on opening night.  The actor spoke with The Telegraph recently and revealed that he was so nervous about seeing himself in Star Wars that he nearly threw up!  Driver admits that he has difficulty watching his own films, over analyzing his own performances and noticing his mistakes, but he hoped Star Wars might be different.


“I should say – I did see Star Wars. Because it seemed different to me. I mean, I didn’t know what was happening, a lot of the time.” He pounces on a riff again, making himself a doofus-y figure of fun. “Not that I was confused, like, under the helmet, walking into the wrong building, or wrong room, interrogating the wrong person...”

Still, for a month leading up to it, I was like, ‘I don’t know if I can watch this.’ Thankfully I’m masked through a lot of it, so I could kind of hide that way. But it took a long time. I remember being sick to my stomach and almost vomiting in the theater at the premiere, which was just... very disconcerting, really.

But yeah. My involvement in it does sour it a little. For myself.”

Seeing yourself in Star Wars must be a surreal experience.  Though, Driver's reaction certainly is a little more extreme than most!

Driver returns as Kylo Ren/Ben Solo in Star Wars Episode VIII, hitting theaters December 15, 2017


Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
This site is not endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd. or Disney and is intended for entertainment and information purposes only. The official Star Wars site can be found at www.starwars.com. Star Wars, the Star Wars logo, all names and pictures of Star Wars characters, vehicles and any other Star Wars related items are registered trademarks and/or copyrights of Lucasfilm Ltd., or their respective trademark and copyright holders. All original content of this site, both graphical and textual, is the intellectual property of The Star Wars Underworld - unless otherwise indicated.
Site template © 2011 DheTemplate.com. Supported by PsPrint Emeryville and homeinbayarea.com