Tuesday, November 10, 2015

John Boyega and Daisy Ridley Interviewed in ASOS Magazine

0 comments
By: Dominic Jones

Over the weekend, ASOS released a great video featuring The Force Awakens stars John Boyega and Daisy Ridley answering questions about Star Wars and their time one set.  Now ASOS has released longer, text interviews with the two stars.  The interviews are a lot of fun, even if Star Wars isn't talked about that much.  We've highlighted a few excerpts from the interviews below,

From Daisy's interview,

Who would you most like to meet in the world?
‘I don’t know, I never feel like I have anything interesting to say! I was talking to Carrie Fisher [Star Wars’ Princess Leia] and she asked if I knew Stephen Fry – I obviously don’t know Stephen Fry – and she was like, “I’ll introduce you next time I’m over.” But he’s so smart and so funny, I feel like I’d have nothing to contribute to his life!’

What does your future look like?
‘I’m in a nice place, I feel good about myself, I feel good about where things are going and I’ve got to work with some of the most skilled people in the world. If that continues, that would be great!’

What’s your 2016 motto? 
‘Keep enjoying things all the time, just enjoy the ride. Simon Pegg wrote me an email the other day – I love him, bezzie mates – and he said, “As Han Solo says, ‘Here’s where the fun begins.’”’
From John's interview,

From John's interview,

Who is your hero?
‘My family. When you get older you realise that your morals come from people who raised you right. At 15, I wanted to take acting to another level and when I meet 15 year olds now, I’m like, that’s a strong decision to make at that time. I wouldn’t have made that decision without their support.’

What’s the naughtiest thing you’ve ever done?
‘I’m not that naughty, I’m a good boy, but when we’d finished filming Attack The Block we wrapped the crew’s vans in toilet paper. It was like the last day of school! I blamed it on Franz [Drameh, who played Dennis in Attack The Block]!’

What does your future look like?
‘I can’t see past Star Wars being released. It’s like there’s a plate of jollof rice and chicken in the microwave and I’m smelling it, but I can’t get it until mum says. I’m looking after the animals, cleaning up after myself, being as helpful as possible, because if the end of the world comes before Star Wars is released, I’m going to be so annoyed.’
 

Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
This site is not endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd. or Disney and is intended for entertainment and information purposes only. The official Star Wars site can be found at www.starwars.com. Star Wars, the Star Wars logo, all names and pictures of Star Wars characters, vehicles and any other Star Wars related items are registered trademarks and/or copyrights of Lucasfilm Ltd., or their respective trademark and copyright holders. All original content of this site, both graphical and textual, is the intellectual property of The Star Wars Underworld - unless otherwise indicated.
Site template © 2011 DheTemplate.com. Supported by PsPrint Emeryville and homeinbayarea.com