Friday, August 15, 2014

Adam Driver Talks Episode VII

0 comments
By: Dominic Jones

Star Wars Episode VII star Adam Driver spoke with Entertainment Weekly recently about his role in the upcoming film.  While he didn't reveal much about the new film, he did address various topics surrounding the film, such as spoilers, the previous six films, and Harrison Ford's ankle injury.  We have some highlights from the interview below.

On the topic of spoilers and keeping secrets Driver said,
There was never a time where someone sat me down and was like, “People are going to do this or say this or ask this.” They never had that conversation with me. Instead, they kind of trusted that I wouldn’t say anything. I’m one of those crazy people, if I’m watching the trailer for a movie and I’m really excited by it, I’ll turn it off because I don’t want to know anything. I want to be surprised because I love that more than knowing anything. I don’t think they felt the need to tell me [to stay quiet].

Driver also took a few moments to discuss the theme of friendship in the original trilogy,
Friendship, I feel, is something that maybe isn’t investigated as much—or maybe I’m not watching those movies. It was such a huge part of the original three. “I’m going to go save my friend.” Everyone was going to go bail their friends out. “I can’t do this because my friends, everything is at stake because of my friends. I gotta go back. … Yoda, I gotta leave, whatever… I gotta leave.” [Laughs]

And he also told EW how his schedule was affected by Ford's injury,
I just stay there a little bit longer. I don’t start anything next until mid-November, end of December, November time.

You can check out the entire interview over at EW.  It's good to see some full interviews with the cast starting to come out, so we as fans can get to know them as we race towards the films release date on December 18, 2015.  That being said, I must admit the timing of the release of this interview is a bit suspicous.  It seems like an attempt from Lucasfilm (through EW) to deflect attention away from some of the major leaks that have taken place today (ICYMI - here, here, here, here, and here).  Regardless of the motives, the interview is still a great read!


Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
This site is not endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd. or Disney and is intended for entertainment and information purposes only. The official Star Wars site can be found at www.starwars.com. Star Wars, the Star Wars logo, all names and pictures of Star Wars characters, vehicles and any other Star Wars related items are registered trademarks and/or copyrights of Lucasfilm Ltd., or their respective trademark and copyright holders. All original content of this site, both graphical and textual, is the intellectual property of The Star Wars Underworld - unless otherwise indicated.
Site template © 2011 DheTemplate.com. Supported by PsPrint Emeryville and homeinbayarea.com