Thursday, May 22, 2014

Gareth Edwards Directing, Gary Whitta Writing Spin-Off Film Due In 2016

0 comments
Director Gareth Edwards(left) and writer Gary Whitta(right).
By: Benjamin Hart

Breaking news! We have more details on the first Star Wars spin-off film! StarWars.com just announced that Gareth Edwards will be directing it, and Gary Whitta will be writing the screenplay for the first spin-off. Edwards is a relative newcomer to directing and his latest film, Godzilla, was just released. Whitta is know for penning 2010's The Book Of Eli and has also worked with Telltale Games on the award winning The Walking Dead video game.

StarWars.com features quotes from both gentleman about their Star Wars fandom and their new job:

Gareth Edwards: "Ever since I saw Star Wars I knew exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life - join the Rebel Alliance! I could not be more excited & honored to go on this mission with Lucasfilm."

Gary Whitta: "From the moment I first saw the original movie as a wide-eyed kid, Star Wars has been the single most profound inspiration to my imagination and to my career as a writer. It is deeply special to me,so to be given the opportunity to contribute to its ongoing legacy, especially in collaboration with a film-maker as talented as Gareth,is literally a dream come true. I'm still pinching myself."

They also confirm that the Spin-off film is scheduled for release on December 16th, 2016, almost exactly a year after Star Wars Episode VII's release. Even with all that info, one big question still remains: what will it be about? I suppose that question will be answered in due time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
This site is not endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd. or Disney and is intended for entertainment and information purposes only. The official Star Wars site can be found at www.starwars.com. Star Wars, the Star Wars logo, all names and pictures of Star Wars characters, vehicles and any other Star Wars related items are registered trademarks and/or copyrights of Lucasfilm Ltd., or their respective trademark and copyright holders. All original content of this site, both graphical and textual, is the intellectual property of The Star Wars Underworld - unless otherwise indicated.
Site template © 2011 DheTemplate.com. Supported by PsPrint Emeryville and homeinbayarea.com